To organise and supervise the delivery of home care services to frail and vulnerable persons living in their own homes. To work in a flexible and reliable manner in response to the needs of the service. To co-ordinate the recruitment process for home care assistants.
1. Supervises home care assistants to maintain safe working practices to client/relative/representative satisfaction and in line with National Minimum Standards for Care.
2. Receives referrals from all sectors of the community, and undertakes initial assessment visits to clients to establish and implement care plans.
3. Carries out visits to potential new clients to establish needs and positively promotes the Association when required.
4. Prepares weekly rotas for care staff to ensure all clients receive service as designated in their care plans.
5. Carries out regular reviews of care plans to take account of changing circumstances and ensures that the care user and/or their representative and Social Services personnel are fully involved.
6. Carries out spot checks on the service delivery in relation to good time keeping and quality of care.
7. Checks on the quality of information and communication between the care users and Ark Healthcare.
8. Checks on the level of information that is available in care users’ homes to support the effective and safe delivery of the service.
10. Deals with office and basic personnel administration.
11. Identifies training needs for care staff and ensures that the induction and ongoing care training programme accurately reflects the needs of the staff and the service.
12. Carries out supervisions and appraisals for care staff.
13. Checks that risk assessments and all other health & safety practices are being carried out correctly and that records are maintained and updated as required.
14. Ensures familiarity with client’s care plans supplied by Ark Healthcare and assists clients with personal care as set out in the care plan.
15. Undertakes household tasks for clients as set out in care plan if required.
16. Assists clients with any other specified tasks as directed by the line manager, support services, relatives/representatives.
17. Keeps accurate and relevant records.
18. May need to maintain records with regard to client contributions / stamp collection.
19. Participates in / organises on-call rota as directed by the line manager.
20. In liaison with line manager, communicate any concerns about service users’ health and welfare to health and social care professionals, other carers, etc.
21. Informs line manager of any accidents, incidents or complaints received in relation to Ark Healthcare or its employees.
22. Keeps line manager informed of any difficulties/changes in personal circumstances.
23. In consultation with line manager identifies areas requiring personal development and undertakes training as required.
24. Attends supervisory and training sessions as directed by line manager.
25. Carries out all duties in line with Ark Healthcare Care Policies and Procedures and legislative requirements.
26. Promote, respect and uphold the dignity of service users at all times. Participate in and actively support activities to promote the dignity of service users, their families and carers.
27. Responsible for own Health and Safety, ensuring a safe working environment for colleagues.
28. Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post.